We will love to hear from you!
If you are interested in custom newborn, baby or family portraiture, do drop us an email and we will get back to you within 24 hours (on a working day)!
Ashley Low & Team.
Preparation Guideline for Tummy to Tippy Toes 2016
Why is this shoot specifically for 3-12 months old?
- This package is tailored to capture the baby’s growth at their key stages of motor development, namely:
- At around 3 months old, they will be mostly lying on their back for baskets or lying on fabric shots, they are able to respond and interact and smile widely.
- At around 4-6 months old, they can lie on their tummy, lift up head confidently. They can also lie on their back and grab their feet.
- At around 6 months onwards, they can sit on their own and we can have them sit on boats and various baskets.
- At around 10 months old, they can stand with support. Nice to capture how they look like when they have just learnt to stand, sometimes they are very happy they can do so.
What do we provide and can parents indicate their preference?
- We can provide all the props and outfits for the baby. We have chef outfit, lacey romper, tutu skirts, dresses, dungarees, etc.
- Customers can bring in 1-3 outfits for the babies and we can see how we can integrate into our sets. Some parents have very nice formal or smarter outfits which we can use.
- Ashley will recommend to avoid outfits that have big brand names or cartoon characters or statements unless it is meaningful. Please try to keep it simple so the attire will not fight focus away from your kids. Prints, stripes, patterns are fine.
- Please feel free to bring all the nice accessories you have.
- Upon your arrival, we will spend some time to warm up with your baby, ensure they are ok with us, and we will discuss the setups that you like. So be sure to arrive 10-15mins prior to appointment time for us to do this.
How can I help in the shoot?
- Our aim is to capture your kids smiling or laughing or at least looking up towards the camera. While Ashley can jump around like a monkey, sing and dance, she is still a stranger to your child. It is advisable that parents stay beside Ashley to encourage your child.
- If you know there are certain toys or certain actions that make them laugh, please bring it!
- It’s important that your kids come with full energy (have enough sleep) and full stomach! So if the shoot schedule clashes with nap time, please let us know when making appointments. And also be sure not to overly-exhaust kids before the shoot. We need their energy!
What will you be doing for the shoot?
- We normally aim to do up to 5 sets for the babies’ solo shots. This can range from generic set with just name blocks, to beach, to boat, to gardening, etc. Ashley will discuss the sets before the shoot with parents. Most of the time, Ashley will recommend sets that are best suited for your baby depending on his/her growth stage, e.g. a 3 month old baby cannot be put into a basket until they can sit with some support.
- While we aim to do up to 5 sets, it really depends on how well your baby cooperates. If your baby settles easily into a set, without fussing, we can move on quickly. If we take longer to capture at least a good number of shots with your baby looking up, not crawling away, etc then we may end up having lesser sets.
Can sibling(s) or parents join in the shoot?
- Yes! We normally like to start off with the family session first, so they can ease into the studio with them at their parents’ arms or next to their siblings. Hence, please come dressed in your family outfits first so we can start right away. Only 1 outfit is allowed for this.
What’s next after the photoshoot?
- The remaining session fee is due at the end of the session via cash / cheque to address to ‘Ashley Low Photography’. NETS facility is available in the studio.
- About 2 weeks after your session, customer will be required to come down to studio for Gallery viewing. Appointment for the viewing is to be made after the shoot.
- For additional photos ordered, once full payment is received, your prints will be ordered; along with the editing of photos will take 4-8 weeks for delivery. It can take slighly longer for albums.
Ashley Low Photography reserves the right to use any photograph in any form such as, but not limited to, the use in advertising, reproduction, and copyright. All images are copyrighted by Ashley Low Photography, even those you purchase. Copying, scanning or reproducing images is strictly prohibited. Print-screening images from this website is also against the law. All offenders will be prosecuted accordingly. Prices are subject to change without notice and are non-negotiable. Prices are guaranteed for 30 days after your session. Due to the custom nature of photographic products, no refunds will be issued. By hiring Ashley Low Photography, you agree to these terms.