Take a look at our newborn workshop!
Join us for a Newborn Workshop Session with Ashley Low!
The video above was a newborn workshop conducted by Ashley before COVID-19. So take a look at what you will learn in the workshop 🙂
This training workshop is designed to empower photographers in every level of their newborn photography skills. You may be a beginner to newborn photography and want to kick-start in this genre by getting to know about newborns - how to handle them, and pose them differently. Or you may already be starting to photograph newborns but there are areas of uncertainty.
Newborn mentoring session includes:
1) Learning the Fundamentals:
• Preparing the room for a newborn; actual styling and setup; how a typical newborn session flows and consideration of variety of poses/props vs age of baby
2) Live demonstration with a newborn:
• Learn various ways to wrap baby; learn various poses in various setups; watch out for baby’s comfort and safety; looking for details; different angles to fill up a gallery to sell; posing parents with baby and siblings (if any).
• During which, Ashley will talk about or demonstrate how to shoot awake and older babies which helps her enjoy her sessions more.
• Includes techniques such as settling newborns, reading signs for wind & burping, watching for signs of discomfort & signs of waking up to avoid certain poses.
3) Others - Technical & Business
• You will get to learn how to light up newborns with flash and the settings for your DSLR
• Get to see how Ashley edits her photographs.
A certificate of training will be issued upon completion of the workshop.
(For group session, minimum 3 people to start)
Lunch, snacks & drinks will be included. A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to secure the slot. Upon registration, more details will be furnished.
This workshop is for photographers who already know how to use a DSLR so camera basics won't be covered, but we will cover the manual settings to photograph newborn. Attendee needs to bring a DSLR.
For Singapore photographers - We strictly accept photographers who do not own a physical newborn/baby studio yet or is currently working in a professional family/baby photography studio.
Basic styling of sets to comfortably pose babies will be covered during this session.
Here are some photos from the previous workshop Ashley did